Monday, September 12, 2011

Grade 8...GULP!


So school went back in last week and it was a BIG year for my son.  Grade 8 is here and it was hard for me to have him get out of the car at the High School by himself to start a new chapter in his life.

Having said this I think it was more my "stuff" than his.

You see, Grade 8 was the worst year for me.  It seemed that everything in my life went sideways...parent's separated, friends went wild, I was bullied, you get the picture.  It was not one of my best year's.

Funny though, when I think back, it was not all bad.

I really dove into my schoolwork and for the year, had one of my best years for marks...virtually all A's and B's across the board.  I also played on the school softball team and made some friend's (finally towards the end of the year), but generally I remember it as being one of the toughest times in my life.

I really believe, that what doesn't kill us, will certainly make us stronger.

When I think back to 1985-86, I remember that one of the big things that I did was focus on what I could control...my marks, my health and my internal voice.  I never doubted that what I chose to do, would happen for me with a little effort.

I believed in me.

This was something that I lost later in years, but I am getting it back again.

In struggle, weather it be with family or friends, body weight or shape issues or in money problems...If you believe you can do it, you will.

Remember: It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.  ~W.C. Fields

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment