Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Beef Bourguignon

Today I made Beef Bourguignon for the second time in my life. Of course I had the movie, "Julie and Julia" playing on the TV as I cooked for inspiration. Funny as I didn't even need to go find my DVD as the movie was actually on our movie channel, starting at the perfect time. This seems to happen often for me. My girlfriend calls them "God Winks". To explain it better, it is when you think about someone, and then they call, or you talk about something and then it happens...and perfectly I might add! I used to call them coincidences, but really they are more then this. When you are meant to have things happen, they will happen, in their own time mind you, but they happen. It can be frustrating as you wait, but there is ALWAYS a reason for them not to happen. Think about things you have wanted to happen and they didn't, and then something else better came along...hmmm, maybe you have had a God Wink too? Well, back to stir the beef. My kitchen smells delicious and I am thankful for all things coming together perfectly in their own time, even if today it is only some ingredients in a recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Liz. sooo amazing...and true!! thanks for the reminder, timing...all timing.
    love your blogs! keep it up!
    coll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Col...I love doing them!

    ReplyDelete