Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Weddings & New Beginnings

Last night I tried to stay up late to watch the royal couple marry...it was a valiant effort but in the end, sleep won over!  Thank goodness for the PVR!

Anyway, this morning I watched the ceremony and it got me thinking...here is a young couple, starting out in life with worries and hopes for the future like most couples do.  The difference is obviously that they don't have the money worries, but they still have worries all the same.

I thought back to the days when I first was starting out and all the hopes and dreams for the future that I had.  It was not so long ago that my income barely covered all my expenses.  The thing that really saved my backside was that I was a budgeter.  You know, keeping every receipt and inputing it into a spreadsheet to make sure that we were on track.  In hindsight, if I had not done this, I would have most likely never been able to afford to be where I am today.  I see it so often, where people really don't know where their $$ goes at the end of the month and they still have bills to pay!  YIKES, not good.  I guess what I am getting at is if you want to succeed, you must be accountable and realistic with ALL your expenses and try to live within your current income.  In a nutshell, take your monthly total take home income and work backwards.

I have sourced out a great budget site that can help you get on track to start your new beginning Mint.com   This is free to use, secure as a bank website, and links you up to your Canadian bank accounts & credit cards to help you create a plan to become debt free faster.  Now who does not want to do this?

Let's face it, there is no time like the present to get started on your "new beginning".

Now back to the telly.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment